Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sorry Inorganic Chemistry: I only review for arXiv-friendly journals

From: Jan Halborg Jensen
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:38 PM
To: xx
Subject: Re: Invitation to Review Manuscript ic-2013-xx

Dear xx

Does Inorganic Chemistry consider paper that have been deposited on the preprint server arXiv?  I ask because I am boycotting (i.e. not reviewing for or submitting to) all journals that don't.

Best regards, Jan

-----

From: xxx
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 10:21 PM
To: Jan Halborg Jensen
Subject: Re: Invitation to Review Manuscript ic-2013-xxx

Prof. Jensen, Our policy with regards to arXiv is as follows:

If a submission to IC is essentially the same as a preprint in arXiv, then it will not be considered for publication, but if it differs significantly (and contains significant new work), then it will be considered.
I hope this answers your question.

xxx
IC Journal office

----

From: xx
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:48 AM
To: Jan Halborg Jensen
Subject: Reminder: Inorganic Chemistry

09-May-2013

Dear Dr. Jensen:

Recently, I invited you to review Manuscript ID ic-2013-xx.  I have yet to hear from you about this.

This e-mail is simply a reminder to respond to the invitation to review.  I appreciate your help in accomplishing our goal of having an expedited reviewing process.  Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,
xx

-------

From: Jan Halborg Jensen
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:25 AM
To: xx
Subject: RE: Reminder: Inorganic Chemistry

Dear xx

I am afraid I won't be able to review this paper, because I find Inorganic Chemistry's policy with regard to pre-print deposition on arXiv too restrictive and not in the best interest of science.  I urge you to re-consider this policy, in which case I would be happy to serve as a reviewer.

Best regards, Jan

No comments: